Delta Module Two - Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Delta is for teachers with at least one year’s experience. It’s suitable for teachers in any context, working with any age range – young learners, teenagers or adults. Studying for Delta helps teachers to:
- extend their knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of English language teaching.
- apply new knowledge and understanding to their current teaching role.
- critically examine their current beliefs and practices as a teacher.
Module Two course is an intensive study over six weeks. Additional time is required for lesson preparation and written assignments. Candidates are strongly recommended to devote 100% of their time to the course. It is not essential to do a course to enter for Modules One and Three.
- Cambridge CELTA or equivalent (e.g. Trinity Cert TESOL)
- English language proficiency of C1+/C2 (e.g. IELTS 7.5 or TOEFL IBT 105)
- In most cases, a minimum of 1 year of ELT teaching experience after CELTA
- All applicants will be interviewed and will be required to complete a written task
Delta Module Two course outline
Module Two focuses on developing awareness and expertise in the principles and professional practice of teaching English in a range of contexts.
- 100% attendance is required.
- Trainees’ portfolio coursework, including written assignments, lesson planning and teaching.
Application for the course
- Obtain application form and pre-interview task by contacting our centre
- The application form and pre-interview task must be completed and returned to the centre for consideration before any arrangements can be made for an interview.
- In some cases candidates may be asked to revise their application before the interview.
|Key Facts: Delta|
CEFR level requirement
Between C1 and C2 or above
Full time: Face-to-face course with teaching practice
Portfolio coursework, including Written assignments and Assessed teaching practice
Certificate per module